CALL FOR ARTISTS
Borderlands: Deadline June 20, 2022
August 12 - September 12, 2022
This call for art in all mediums asks artists to navigate the fine line between frontier and wasteland – both deal with the extremes of that which is barren and undeveloped-are these places either physically or theoretically empty or are they hopeful – on the brink of something – perhaps understanding. This territory can be interpreted as an interior journey or a true representation of vast unknown spaces and places.
Guest Curator, Karen Petkovic - Artistic Director of BAYarts in Bay Village, Ohio
Karen Petkovic, Artistic Director
As Artistic Director, Karen develops ways to support and promote regional artists via exhibition, consignment and artist-centered events. An avid believer in collaboration, Karen actively connects to other art venues throughout the region, participating in events and fundraising with sister organizations, to seek out fresh ideas, emerging artists and promote the mission of BAYarts. She continues to hone her skills as an artist and is a passionate art collector of local art. Karen@bayarts.net
Submission Details & Guidelines
NO SUBMISSION FEE
NO SUBMISSION FEE
- Please use our online form for submissions.
- Open to any and all traditional and non-traditional visual arts media
- Kaiser Gallery has no size restrictions on submissions, other than what can physically fit in our space and through our doors. Artists who have work that may exceed these limits are welcome to contact us to inquire about specific dimensions.
- Submissions average 3 images per submission - no larger than 1500 pixels and at least 72 dpi
- Submissions for digital art, such as video, interactive or other new media should be submitted in the form of a link to a complete viewable online copy of each work along with a single still jpeg image
- Submissions must include a CV & artist statement
- All files should be labeled with the artist’s name and title of work. Ex: Yourfullname_titleofwork.jpg
- Please submit only completed work, no works-in-progress
- All work must be ready to install